Should I do level 3?
I need some experience and it is hard when only just qualified

Posted: 18 April 2012 07:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  631
Joined  2012-04-07

Hiya shaggy,

Welcome to Nail Angel.

Have you already done levels 1 & 2 in beauty and nails? as your profile doesn’t say.

And yes (as per your Bio) a guy can do nails, and some of the best Nail Techs. are men.

Hope you find the site useful.  We are all friendly and happy to help with any questions, so don’t be a stranger.

Enjoy

Signature 

Sally xxx

Smile and the whole world smiles with you.

Posted: 19 April 2012 12:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2012-04-05

It good to start from home for now.

Do i need to wear my tunic when to nails at home?

Posted: 20 April 2012 06:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-04-07

Hiya Shaggy,

It’s good to work from home for yourself.  I have been working from a small studio in my home now for seven and a half years.  You can fit your work around your lifestyle.  There are ups and downs with working from home though, like clients thinking you are available 24/7, but educate them from the beginning on the hours that you work.  If you do have any problems with a clients nails, then it does make you reasearch why, and you do learn fast how to overcome any problems.  This is a good learning tool are you are taking on all the responsability and have no one else around to sort it out for you.

I did used to wear a uniform, but found uncomfortable.  Now I dress smart/casual, and I think as I am working from home my clients like this as it’s more relaxed, and to be honest, as long as you produce a lovely set of nails and the client is happy with them, I don’t think they worry too much as to what you wear.

Let us know how you get on

Signature 

Sally xxx

Posted: 30 April 2012 11:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2012-04-05

should I go for level 3 in Beauty i already have beauty level 2 in Beauty but some of the salons you must have level 3 to in a salon

Posted: 30 April 2012 01:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  201
Joined  2012-04-16

I wear a uniform at home, partly to look professional, and partly for hygine. Clients like you to wear one so it doesn’t look like you just finnished the washing up !! I dont want to spill varnish, acetone etc on my own clothes. the old uniform I wore was white and you can see dots of gel and varnish, which of course wont come out.

Signature 

Liz

Posted: 30 April 2012 02:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1898
Joined  2012-04-02

Hi Shaggy,

Can you tell us what level 3 involves? It’s got to be best to better yourself so go for it.

I don’t wear a tunic, just like Sally, smart casual.

Signature 

Lorraine xx

Posted: 30 April 2012 03:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-04-07

Hiya,

Smart and Casual is a good look and can look professional if put together right.  I usually wear black bottoms and a black or white top, and have everyday working clothes.

I did wear a uniform for a while and found it uncomfortable, due to the material being a nylon mix (wonderful for washing and getting dry), but unfortunately for me it was a no go, as I suffer from psoriasis on my arms and legs, and the material irratated me.  I tend to stick now to cottons with longer sleeves.

Signature 

Sally xxx

‹‹ courses      Training in Milton Keynes ››