There are currently user(s) online.
Nail Angel | what to do

what to do
Posted: 30 April 2012 03:24 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-04-23

Hi all

Ive recently registered with this site having been told about it by a rep from NSI.

I qualified in 2005 with VTCT Manicure and Pedicure and VTCT Nail Services (enhancements).  I went to my local college to learn.  I worked mobile until 2 years ago when I stopped ‘doing’ nails (always worked with gel).

Ive now started again and have been doing Gelish manicures and pedicures.  I want to do extensions but I feel I need a course to refresh begin as its so long since I last did any extensions.

What would you suggest is the best type of course to go on and as I live in North Wales, where would be the best place to train without having to travel too far.

Thanks smile 

Posted: 30 April 2012 03:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  631
Joined  2012-04-07

Hiya,

I have just had a peek on the list of trainers here on Nail Angel and there doesn’t seem to be anyoneone in your area.

I would have a search on the internet and see if there are any trraining acadamies in your area, or try ringing a few reputable nail companies and see if there is anyone near to you that is qualified to train you or give you a one to one.

It is a good idea to have a little more training as the industry has moved on a long way in the past couple of years.

Good luck and let us know how you get on

Signature 

Sally xxx

Smile and the whole world smiles with you.

Posted: 08 June 2012 06:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  79
Joined  2012-06-06

I’m also a little stuck as to which course to take when I return to UK soon (next month) I have been away from nails for 5yrs, I would like to refresh a little perhaps a lot - LOL, The products have all moved on so much. At first I read ‘The workshop course’ & thought should be the one but then I read the conversion course (although not converting for the mo, gonna stick with gel as that’s what I know) & thought that sounded good too. Which course would you take if you were in my position? 
Thanks Dee x

Signature 

XXX Dee XXX

Posted: 10 June 2012 08:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1898
Joined  2012-04-02

Hi Dee,
If you are familiar with Gels then I would take a conversion course. Will you go with NSI? I haven’t done NSI courses but I do use their Attraction L&P system. I would like to get back into gels but I’m going to wait for a soak off gel system that can be used for enhancements. I’m hoping NSI will bring a system out soon.

Signature 

Lorraine xx

Posted: 11 June 2012 08:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-06-06

Thanks Lorraine,  I think i’ll do that one then. Yes I’d like to do the NSI course, Will check out dates etc.  In the past I’ve spent so much time & money on training, used several different brands but NSI stood out for me, After watching all the video’s on here  - LOL  It’s definately them that I’ll continue with. Luckily for me my clients in the past all requested gel & I liked using it but I think a soak off gel would be good.  I really want to try the Attraction L&P it looks gorgeous & so versatile when doing nail art, etc smile 

Signature 

XXX Dee XXX

Posted: 11 June 2012 03:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1137
Joined  2012-03-15

Hi Dee smile

Here is the web site for training in Northampton www.suncity19.co.uk or Hertfordshire www.pebble-trainingacademy.com
They might be the nearest to you. A workshop will be the best for you as it is like a mini foundation course but in one day.
Hope this helps x

Signature 

Karen, NSI representative/educator smile

Posted: 11 June 2012 06:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-06-06

Hi Karen, OK, Thank you very much, I’ll look into them. X

Signature 

XXX Dee XXX