There are currently user(s) online.
Nail Angel | Using tips

Using tips
Posted: 15 May 2015 12:39 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2015-05-11

Hello everyone

I am currently training but I opted for a home study course as I was on maternity leave so I have struggled alittle on the practical side of things.

I could do with a little bit of advice if anyone can help…

1. I practised on my own nails and stripped my acrylics and applied a new set using tips - I couldnt seem to get all of the acrylic off so what I have been left with is an exisitng tip under the new nail which if you turn my hand upside down you can see it and it looks horrific - am I doing anything wrong or how should I be doing it? (think I’ve managed to attach a photo of my nails) I was going to attempt sculpting but for a newbie thats a whole new ball game!
2. The new secrets gel - do you think this is easier to use for a beginner than other gels? I have purchased opi gel polishes before I knew about the secrets brand. Could I use the secrets pink gel to build and then apply one coat of opi coloured gel polish on top?

Any help would be much appreciated
Thank you 

Emily x

Image Attachments
Photo_on_15-05-2015_at_13.34.jpg

Posted: 15 May 2015 01:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1898
Joined  2012-04-02

Hi, I can answer your acrylic question.
I would completely remove every trace of acrylic before you apply new tips. You just have to be patient and do things properly and not cut corners. Start as you mean to go on. You can speak to Sarah or Jax at Essential Nails if that’s where you are doing your home learn course. If you are doing it elsewhere then I’m sure you are given phone advice.
I would remove them again and start again.  Be careful not to over expose tho as you can damage your nails and surrounding skin.

Signature 

Lorraine xx

Posted: 15 May 2015 01:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2015-05-11

Thank you for your help Lorraine

I did spend hours removing it in the first place trying to do a hand at a time but I’m sure I still didn’t get right down to the natural nail. So I need to be able to see the free edge of my natural nail too? As I could see my natural nail in the stress area and cuticle area.

Lorraine, do you use tips or do you sculpt? In your opinion do you prefer one over the over?

Em x

Posted: 15 May 2015 03:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1898
Joined  2012-04-02

I’m happy to sculpt or use tips. I do use more tips than sculpt tho. Saying that I very rarely do a new set other than new clients. The reason for this is because my acrylic clients just keep having theirs Infilled so no need to do full sets. I’m not a Tech that soaks off every few months as I don’t feel there is any need to.
I don’t understand why it’s taking so long to soak off. What system are you using and what topcoat are you using?

Signature 

Lorraine xx

Posted: 15 May 2015 03:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2015-05-11

Hi Lorraine

I’ve just managed to completely take my left hands set off!! I found if I used nearly boiling water I’ve managed it in an hour. Last time I just used warm water?! I’m using nsi attraction powder, but I maybe putting it on too thick too but I have managed to get all of the acrylic off so thank you for your help!

Em xx

‹‹ NSI Secrets      Tip to toe ››