Tel 0800 668 1860

There are currently user(s) online.
Nail Angel | Acrylic French Manicure - white tips or freehand?

Acrylic French Manicure - white tips or freehand?
Posted: 09 April 2016 03:47 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  40
Joined  2015-05-15

hi everyone - I am fairly new to acrylic and I am trying to master the art of doing a permanent french manicure on tips. I have been watching the videos over and over again - but I am finding it really hard to get the white smile line just right. A local nail tech told me she never paints the smile line on - but simply applies white tips and then puts clear acrylic over the top of the whole nail. It certainly sounds quicker and easier - although I would have a sense of pride in mastering smile lines myself !!
What do you all tend to do when a client wants a french manicure with acrylic ?
Any feedback would be most welcome - thank you :*)

Posted: 05 May 2016 10:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2012-04-05

hi, I’ve not been on here for a while..bit late in replying! I love the white dura tips for this, I use secrets gel and I do this method whenever I can, it is much quicker and looks perfect, of course, you can only do this on a fresh set. when you come to the maintenance, you need to buff back and then refresh the white (acrylic and gel) unless you remove and start again. I like the gel as it doesn’t set until you pop it under the lamp…the white gel goes on a treat with a marbling tool, using it like a pen. acrylics? too hrd for me! so well done you. bev x

Posted: 16 September 2016 12:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  40
Joined  2015-05-15

Thank you Bev for your advice. Can I ask which shade of acrylic powder you use and once you have painted the smile line, do you apply a coat of Secrets Gloss? Thanks. Jill x

Posted: 06 November 2016 08:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1898
Joined  2012-04-02

Hi Jill,
I always paint them on with shellac. You can tidy your smile lines up with a clean brush and IPA. This way they aren’t permanent and can be filed off next infill xx

Signature 

Lorraine xx

‹‹ Nsi 36w led lamp      Resources ››